31 Mar Zeller, Speak!
I hope you are all well! So much has changed in the last month. I am having to follow the shelter in place guidance, and I admit I am getting a little stir crazy! How about you?
New Hope of Indiana has been doing everything we know to do to keep people healthy and happy.
I even sent out a picture (of myself, of course) saying hi to everyone. Our recreation and music therapists and others are sending out activity ideas that can be done in the home. Everyone here is operating out of love for those we serve.
Me? I look out the windows a lot. Today I see the magnolia tree at our neighbor’s house has bloomed and it is so pretty. My sister and I have been playing quite a bit and going on some walks. And I have been asking for a lot of extra snacks; sometimes I get them and sometimes I don’t. Here are some ideas of what you can do while sheltering in place.
1. Pet your dog or cat and if you do not have one – get one or foster one
2. Check on your neighbors by telephone.
3. Call someone you haven’t talked to in a long time.
4. Write a letter to someone who means the world to you.
5. Read that book you have been wanting to read.
Those are just a few ideas. Take good care of yourself.
I look forward to returning to New Hope soon. Meanwhile, I better get back to my window. You never know who might walk by.