Volunteering at New Hope is a wonderful opportunity to meet and interact with amazing people who live full and beautiful lives, despite the challenges they face every day. We are constantly exploring ways to enhance community integration of those we serve, and volunteers are a vital part of making it happen.
We have many opportunities for individuals, families, schools, alternative breaks and immersion programs, corporations and organizations, with so many different ways to make the gift of time count in big ways. We would be honored to create a volunteer experience to match your time and talents. Let us know how you’d like to be involved or browse the list of opportunities below.
Currently, our biggest need for volunteers is in our AIM program teaching new skills such as fishing, knitting, cooking, music, art, and more. Fill out the interest form on this page to get involved or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A volunteer might:
- Play games with the clients
- Teach a skill like cooking, fishing, knitting, etc.
- Lead or assist with crafts, simple cooking, holiday events, parties and other special activities
- Read books
- Lead and participate in group discussions about current events, history, geography, culture or other special topics
- Participate in one-on-one or group social activities like going for a walk
- Lead or participate in Garden Club in our raised bed gardens
- Participate in supervised group outings to visit museums, parks, libraries, etc.
- Assist with music activities like karaoke, choir, etc.
- Lead a study group like Bible study
Volunteer drivers must complete New Hope’s safe transportation training, provide proof of auto insurance, and maintain a clean and reliable vehicle. A volunteer driver might provide transportation to or from:
- Community events
- Job interviews or employment
- Educational opportunities
- Personal appointments
Group volunteer opportunities might include:
- Assisting with client activities like parties and cookouts
- Special projects and events including fundraisers, donation drives, care package delivery, etc.
- Landscaping/gardening at residential sites including weeding, trimming, planting, mulching, etc.
- Washing windows
- Deep cleaning
Volunteers in our administrative offices might:
- Board and Committee membership
- Help with mailings by preparing postage or stuffing envelopes
- Filing, organizing, labeling and/or data entry
- Special project and event planning including donor events and fundraisers