A volunteer might:
- Play games with the clients
- Teach a skill like cooking, fishing, knitting, etc.
- Lead or assist with crafts, simple cooking, holiday events, parties and other special activities
- Read books
- Lead and participate in group discussions about current events, history, geography, culture or other special topics
- Participate in one-on-one or group social activities like going for a walk
- Lead or participate in Garden Club in our raised bed gardens
- Participate in supervised group outings to visit museums, parks, libraries, etc.
- Assist with music activities like karaoke, choir, etc.
- Lead a study group like Bible study
Volunteer drivers must complete New Hope’s safe transportation training, provide proof of auto insurance, and maintain a clean and reliable vehicle. A volunteer driver might provide transportation to or from:
- Community events
- Job interviews or employment
- Educational opportunities
- Personal appointments
Group volunteer opportunities might include:
- Assisting with client activities like parties and cookouts
- Special projects and events including fundraisers, donation drives, care package delivery, etc.
- Landscaping/gardening at residential sites including weeding, trimming, planting, mulching, etc.
- Washing windows
- Deep cleaning
Volunteers in our administrative offices might:
- Board and Committee membership
- Help with mailings by preparing postage or stuffing envelopes
- Filing, organizing, labeling and/or data entry
- Special project and event planning including donor events and fundraisers