15 Feb New Hope Celebrates Three Years
Welcome to our new blog! Through this regular feature, we hope to share with you news and updates, helpful tidbits of information and an overall glimpse of life at New Hope of Indiana!
Last month, New Hope celebrated our third anniversary as a stand-alone nonprofit organization on January 1, 2017. This marks another era in New Hope’s nearly 40-year history.
The transition from a ministry of St. Vincent to our independent status made everyone a little nervous, even though we believed down deep that New Hope would emerge strong and healthy. However, I think we have well-surpassed what we all had even hoped.
In the last 36 months New Hope has:
• Purchased four new homes for our supporter living and group home programs.
• Put significant investment in capital improvements for our existing homes.
• Opened two new Day Services programs.
• Had a perfect CARF (Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) survey, an achievement made by less than three percent of organizations evaluated worldwide!
• Began a fundraising program to allow us to continue to enhance and grow our programs.
• Had 12 consecutive quarters without a deficit.
• Began a vocational services program.
• Expanded from 40 computers to more than 400 and from no iPads to over 50 (Thanks to Pearson Automotive for purchasing our iPads!).
• Purchased 11 new vans (nine through a gift from the Daughters of Charity).
• Began a new computer-based documentation system and electronic medical record.
• Started an electronic Learning Management System for onboarding and training.
• Ensured that the Payne Road building, including Hospice and Home Health, is physically secure.
• Made plans for the Payne Road building remodel.
And while these data points are all important, New Hope is still about the individuals we serve and our mission to serve those that are in need of care and support. It is about our associates, past and present, whether they have been here one month or 38 years demonstrating New Hope’s Core Values of Service, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication each day. It is about our families who provide tireless support to their loved ones and to New Hope. It is about the Daughters of Charity who still pray for us and provide our spiritual underpinnings. It is about our wonderful board who provide wisdom and guidance and it is about our donors and volunteers who help support those we serve.
New Hope could not have accomplished all that it has without all of you. We are “One Family, One Community – Making an Impact”.
Keep checking back on this blog for news, stories and other tidbits of information on New Hope and things related to our mission. If you have ideas for future blog posts, contact Larry Messing at email@example.com.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.