16 Mar Mission Minute: Wisdom in a Moment of Crisis
During this uncertain time in the world, it’s important that we take time to recognize the good in our lives. This month, we are more focused on our mission than ever, and we are seeing the good in all of our associates and community members as they strive to support the individuals we serve in a moment of crisis. Thank you to all of our associates for their continued dedication and service! They are truly a bright light in a dark time!
New Hope, like many other organizations, has made some hard decisions recently that affect all of our clients, their families and our associates. We know that this might feel like a scary time, but we are committed to doing what is best for those we serve. Our Core Value of Wisdom guides us during this trying time. It states that everyone within our organization is committed to the principles of performance that foster a service culture. We achieve that by utilizing the wisdom gained from our combined experience and knowledge by:
• balancing options and decisions based on both mission, and business concerns
• reflecting an understanding of excellence and stewardship
• recognizing excellence and stewardship including organizational, personal and community resources
• continually striving to improve programs and services using all we’ve learned
• remaining vigilant in awareness of emerging knowledge in our fields of service
These words are more meaningful now than ever, and we are committed to upholding all of our Core Values as we continue to monitor the emerging health crisis and make hard decisions. As we continue to learn more, you can find information, resources and updates on New Hope’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak on our website. Thank you for your continued support and understanding during this time.