25 May “I like the type of work that I do.”
by Claire Bozzano, Director of Human Resources
Isn’t that a wonderful thing for a boss or business owner to hear? That is exactly what we recently heard at New Hope of Indiana.
New Hope recently participated in an extensive survey as part of the Best Places to Work in Indiana. This is the second year in a row for participation and we saw a dramatic increase in responses from the prior year.
Categories for ratings and comments included areas such as Leadership and Planning, Corporate Culture and Communications, Role Satisfaction, Work Environment, Relationship with Supervisor, Training and Resources, Pay and Benefits and Overall Engagement.
In general, the ratings were very good and comparable with other organizations our size. High points included:
• 98% like the type of work they do.
• 95% understand the importance of their role to the success of the organization.
• 92% think that their supervisor treats them with respect.
• 93% feel the organization provides as much initial training as needed.
• 93% feel that their job provides them with a sense of meaning and purpose.
• 92% think New Hope enables a culture of diversity.
• 92% feel safety is a top priority.
• 89% have confidence in the leadership of this organization.
Additionally, this spring we held focus groups with our Direct Support Professionals (DSP) to get their input on why people come to New Hope, why they stay and why they leave. Again, the results were favorable with positive comments about New Hope’s strong reputation and core values, good benefits, rewarding work and a family atmosphere where positive caring relationships with coworkers and clients develop.
Our associates’ feedback supports New Hope’s commitment to provide excellent client care through our core values of Service, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication. We know they make an impact!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Best Places to Work survey and the DSP focus groups!
Would you like to join the New Hope team? Check out our career opportunities.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.