As we continue to monitor the effect of COVID-19 on our mission, the health, safety, and well-being of the individuals we serve, our associates and the broader New Hope community is our highest priority.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, New Hope has remained focused on these main goals:
- Keep everyone healthy and safe;
- Minimize risk;
- Keep people working (at least standard hours); and
- Keep in communication with associates, individuals served, families and guardians, Case Managers, BDDS, and the Department of Health.
New Hope has implemented additional steps to help the individuals we serve and our associates remain healthy. Thank you to all of our associates, families and community members for your support and understanding during this time. Please find additional resources and information below. If you should have any questions or additional concerns, please contact us using the form on this page.
To best serve our clients, New Hope is taking these additional precautions:
- Visitors to our facilities are being restricted as noted in the visitor guidelines below. Associates are being screened daily and asked to disclose if they have been experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. If they report symptoms, we will request that they leave and not return until they are feeling well. Associates are also closely monitoring the health of those we serve.
- NHI has increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitization at all sites.
- NHI has created a special working group to closely monitor any new developments with respect to COVID-19 to ensure a rapid response to new concerns as they arise.
- NHI is providing increased education and support to individuals served and associates regarding best practices to reduce the risk and the spread of COVID-19.
- NHI will be limiting community activities for individuals served as needed.
- NHI nurses will be focused on providing increased screening of individuals served to look for possible symptoms of COVID-19 to ensure a rapid response if necessary.
Group Home and Supported Living Visitor Policy
To keep everyone safe and healthy, visits at New Hope’s residential sites will be limited as follows:
- Please schedule all visits with house staff 24 hours in advance, so there will be no overlapping visits with other families;
- All visitors should be 14 years of age or older and only two visitors are allowed at a time for a maximum of one hour;
- Social distancing (6 feet apart) must be maintained;
- Visitors will be asked to wear masks and answer health screening questions before entering a New Hope home. Individuals served will also be asked to wear a mask, but if that is not possible, the visit can still occur;
- Please do not bring shared meals for your loved one.
Day Services Reopening Plans
Day Services is currently operating on a limited in-person basis at the Payne Road location as well as through virtual programming. These precautions will be reconsidered as the associates and individuals served receive vaccines and as we continue to monitor the effects of COVID-19 in our community.
Payne Road Limited Access
At this time, no visitors will be allowed at Payne Road. Associates may begin to return to work as usual on a limited schedule following the most up to date Back on Track plans for Payne Road associates and frontline caregivers and in accordance with their supervisor’s instructions.