27 Dec A Note from Allison: The End of a Decade
I really cannot believe it is New Year’s Eve and the end of a decade! Tomorrow it will be 2020!
2019 has been a great year for New Hope of Indiana! On January 1, 2019, New Hope celebrated its fifth year as a stand-alone not for profit. Thank you to everyone who has made the last five years possible! As we reflect on 2019 specifically, below is a recap of what we have accomplished this year:
- Approved new Mission and Vision Statements:
- Mission: New Hope of Indiana is a leader in providing holistic services and resources to persons with disabilities and their families while advocating to advance the opportunities for those in need of support.
- Vision: New Hope of Indiana will thrive as a mission-driven organization, living our core values and providing holistic services to persons with disabilities and those in need of support. We will be recognized as a community resource and a strong advocate in Indiana for persons with disabilities and their families. We will expand services offered to people of all ages to build a more inclusive community where all are welcomed, valued and living their best life. We will recognize our associates for their unwavering commitment to service every day and we will commit to provide them with resources to be successful both personally and professionally.
- Launched a new 3-year Strategic Plan in July 2019 with these main goals:
- Strengthen the New Hope of Indiana organizational structure to solidify its capacity to ensure long-term sustainability.
- Offer innovative, responsive programs that address the needs of the populations we serve and will serve.
- Be recognized by the Central Indiana community as a leading social service provider.
- Build long-term financial sustainability
- Chartered a Governance Committee and a Marketing Committee of the Board.
- Launched the Cheese and Thank You food truck
- Began a formal internship program with three interns.
- Recognized as one of IndyStar’s Top Workplaces for 2019.
- Added two groups to the AIM (Achieving Inclusion and Meaning) community-based program with plans of launching a fourth group in early 2020.
- Expanded Vocational Services program by adding an additional job coach and serving 50 individuals in 2019.
- Added one new Supported Living Program site which is the home to four young adults.
- Created a Tenant Council for those individuals served in New Hope’s residential programs and living in a New Hope owned home.
- Raised over $25,000 to improve the Art Therapy space at our Silver Cup Celebration.
- Continued a series of focus groups to gain insight into service gaps in the community.
- Created a parent group to advise New Hope on their needs and their families’ needs including social activities, respite services, Medicaid resources and more.
- Held “Let’s Get Cheesy” Friend-raiser in October 2019 to thank our donors and meet new friends.
- Published our first-ever Annual Report as New Hope of Indiana, Inc. in November 2019.
- Raised over $20,000 from Giving Tuesday and our Year End campaign.
- Said thank you and best wishes to two long-time servant leaders of New Hope, Lynn Feldman and Kathe Rae, who have 41 and 39 years of service respectively.
Wow! It was a great year! As we look forward to this new year, we look forward to more accomplishments, but we also want to pause and connect with you. In 2020 we will be celebrating all of our Connections of Hope. Recently, a former associate shared her Connection of Hope with me. In part, this is what she said, “God was showing me that I was not alone, and that anything I had given was coming back to me. It was not a coincidence that two of my New Hope “clients”/friends had come to me at this time. God showed me that New Hope was there for me. I am so grateful for the years I worked at New Hope, and for all the people who have touched my heart and helped me.”
New Hope is here for those we serve, their families, our associates, board, donors and friends. Let’s connect and make 2020 the best year ever!