19 Jul A New Adventure
by Tim Dunkel, Food Truck Specialist
The last several weeks have been some of the most challenging and rewarding weeks of my professional life. I’ve met a lot of new people and learned a lot of new things, and very few parts of my new job at New Hope of Indiana have been what I expected.
Things that have surprised me about the individuals I work with:
1. Their knowledge and skills in the kitchen.
2. Their eagerness to learn about food safety and how to make good decisions while preparing food.
3. Their willingness to explore new foods.
4. Their openness to others’ ideas and suggestions.
5. Their awesome sense of teamwork.
Things that didn’t surprise me:
1. Their love of macaroni and cheese!
I’ve been privileged to see these individuals develop their communication skills and build a work environment of friendship. I can’t wait to see them interact with customers and continue to learn and gain new skills in and out of the kitchen. They are each learning to be good employees and good coworkers, and the whole process is really coming together. We can’t wait to be out in the community serving some tasty food to our neighbors!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.